What is garbage pasta? Fettuccine pasta tossed with roasted, caramelized carrots and tomatoes, a drizzle of olive oil, and fresh Parmesan. It’s a simple meal, easy to throw together on a busy night, but the flavors and textures have surprising depth. I first ate this delicious vegetable pasta dish
at the home of dear friends Jim and Cathy in Orlando. They affectionately called it “garbage pasta” perhaps for the eclectic mixture of shapes and colors! But I promise it tastes nothing like garbage!
Thinly slice carrots
These are the best roasted carrots. The roasting is done in the oven and is so simple. Just slice tomatoes, then peel and thinly slice carrots. Next, gently toss the veggies with olive oil. Caution: don't put all those carrot peelings down your garbage disposal. Instead, add them to your compost pile or throw in the waste basket.
Sheet pan dinner
Spread tomatoes and carrots on foil covered sheet pans. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the tomato slices, then broil veggies just until carrots begin to caramelize.
Cook the pasta, then toss with veggies and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. These Parmesan roasted carrots and tomatoes will not only give you a tasty dinner, but a healthy meal that's brimming with Vitamin A, Vitamin C, potassium, Vitamin K, antioxidants and Vitamin B6. Delish!
This is a vegetarian recipe, but you could easily add chicken or another protein. Fettuccine with roasted carrots & tomatoes (aka Garbage Pasta) is a favorite pasta recipe for us. We hope you’ll like it too.
Try out these other delicious recipes!
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
- 8 Roma tomatoes
- 2.5 pounds whole carrots
- 1 pound fettuccini pasta
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Core tomatoes and slice into ½ inch slices.Then, peel and thinly slice your carrots. Toss the tomatoes and carrots with olive oil.
- Cover half sheet pans with foil or parchment paper and spread tomatoes and carrots on pans. Sprinkle ½ cup parmesan cheese over tomato slices.
- Broil vegetables on high for about 20 minutes until carrots begin to caramelize.
- Cook pasta according to directions on box. Drain water from pasta and toss with carrots and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup parmesan cheese over top of the vegetables and pasta. Serve hot.
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
Are you part of our Facebook Page? Follow along with what's new on In Fine Taste, share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, post pictures of what your making, and more! Like our page HERE
originally posted 9/4/18
so fresh and delicious!