Our fried corn fritters with smoked chili peach sauce are so easy to make! A few ingredients, a blender, an electric griddle or skillet and they're yours. They are crisp on the outside, soft on the inside and bursting with flavor! These fritters make a great appetizer, or side dish to serve with soup or salad.
The dipping sauce
The corn, green chilies green onions and cheese blend with the buttermilk and cornmeal to create a slightly sweet, slightly spicy Southwest flavor. Peach jam and Adobo Chili sauce combine for a smokey sweet dipping sauce, like a peach bbq sauce that is nothing short of delicious! A dollop of sour cream tempers and gives richness to all that excitement.
How to make corn fritter batter
You will place part of the corn with eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter in a blender. This smooth mixture forms the base of your batter. Next you'll add whole corn kernels, green chilies, grated cheddar cheese and green onions along with dry ingredients.
Fry, fry, fry!
If using an electric skillet, set it to 350 degrees, or medium high if using a skillet on the stove. You'll need about ¼ cup vegetable oil to start, then replenish as needed. I like using a scoop to drop the batter onto a hot griddle or skillet. You can also use a spoon or ¼ cup measuring cup. Make the mounds of batter about 3 Tablespoons, then flatten them a bit.
How to cook corn fritters
Cook the fritters much like you would cook a pancake, or a corn griddle cake--on one side until they are golden brown. Then, flip to the other side and cook until golden. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately. These scrumptious fritters are best served warm.
You can drizzle the smoked chili peach sauce over your fritters or dip the fritters into the sauce. I like serving a steaming plate full of fritters with a bowl of sauce in the middle. The combination of flavors is divine!
I love food that combines a variety of tastes in one bite because it's exciting. Sweet, spicy, tangy, savory all meet up in these delectable fritters. They're Tex-Mex heaven!
So much deliciousness is happening all it once inside these little corn cakes. For a meal or for a treat, Corn Fritters with Smoked Chili Peach Sauce is a dish we hope you'll make again and again!
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Corn Fritters with Smoked Chili Peach Sauce
For Corn Cakes
- 3 cups frozen corn kernels or fresh corn cut off the cob
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 Tablespoon butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup flour + 2 Tablespoons
- ½ cup cornmeal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chilies, drained
- ¼ cup green onions chopped
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup peach jam
- 2 Tablespoons Adobo Chilies sauce only
- ½ cup sour cream
- Mix two cups of corn, eggs and buttermilk together in a blender and puree.
- Place dry ingredients (flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper, baking soda) in a separate mixing bowl and gently stir to combine. Pour one cup of corn and corn mixture into dry ingredients and stir just until flour disappears.
- Add cheese, green chilies and green onions. Stir just to evenly distribute throughout batter.
- Heat ¼ cup vegetable oil in large skillet to about 350 degrees. Scoop approximately 3-4 Tablespoon mounds of corn batter onto hot oiled pan. Press down and let corn fritters fry until golden brown, then flip over to other side and cook until golden brown.
- Remove fritters and leave to drain on paper towel. Add more oil to pan as needed. Continue frying corn fritters until all the batter is gone.
- Serve immediately with smoked chili peach sauce. They are best when served warm.
Smoked Chili Peach Sauce
- Mix together peach jam and Adobo Chile sauce. Heat to combine. Serve warm or cold.
- Put a swirl of sour cream on fritters along with sauce if desired.