Are you looking for a yummy breakfast idea? Here you go! You can even make these delectable Cinnamon Pull Aparts the night before and bake them in the morning. Your house will smell like a dreamy bakery with cinnamon and sugar wafting about. This is an easy recipe that's fun to make! You can use your favorite homemade roll dough or take a short cut by using frozen roll dough such as Rhodes.
Use frozen roll dough or your own recipe
If using frozen roll dough, partially thaw the frozen dough so you can cut it. Next, cut each roll into four pieces. Don't worry if your pieces aren't the same size. It adds to the fun of this "Monkey" type bread.
What kind of pan should I use?
An angel food pan or Bundt pan works best for this recipe and creates a nice presentation. If you don't have one, you can make it in a 9-inch x 13-inch pan. If you like nuts, chopped pecans are a delicious addition to the bread. Just toss in a few here and there as you add the roll pieces to your pan.
Can I make these the night before?
The answer is yes! Go ahead and pour a brown sugar-butter syrup over the rolls before baking. If you want to bake the next morning, stop here. Then cover the dough filled pan with plastic wrap and put the pan in the refrigerator. The next morning, set the pan out at room temperature for about 30 minutes, then bake as directed. Cinnamon pull-apart are a great Thanksgiving or Christmas morning breakfast idea.
Everyone will love this ooey-gooey treat. Serve it for breakfast, brunch, or serve it ANYTIME! You'll be a rock-star!
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
- Use homemade roll dough to make 24 rolls or 20 balls of roll dough (such as Rhodes); thawed
- ½ cup chopped pecans optional
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup butter (1 ½ sticks)
- ⅔ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray Bundt pan or angel food cake pan with cooking spray to coat.
- Mix granulated sugar and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Cut rolls into 4 pieces each.
- Dip each dough piece into cinnamon and sugar and place in baking pan. Sprinkle a few nuts in between layers as you go.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and brown sugar on stove over stirring constantly. Cook for 2 minutes once butter has melted; add vanilla and stir to combine.
- Pour butter-brown sugar mixture over rolls in pan. Place Bundt or angel food pan on cookie sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes, then invert onto a plate or platter. You may need to coax the rolls a bit by loosening the edges and giving a few taps. Serve warm.
Originally published November 19, 2018