When it comes to double chocolate cookies, I want them soft, with almost a fudgy brownie-like texture. These cookies have a rich chocolate flavor and stay soft for days! They whip up in minutes and require no refrigeration beforehand.
What makes these cookies so great? Let me tell you!
Well, make sure you're using good cocoa powder! I prefer Hershey's cocoa powder to regular baking cocoa, if you like super dark chocolate try out Hershey's Special dark cocoa powder in these!
A little bit of cornstarch added into the dough helps keep these cookies soft
We don't use a ton of flour in here, too much flour will make them cakey, we want them to stay fudgy! So make sure you are measuring your flour carefully and more important correctly! We've got a whole tutorial here to help you out.
We use a high ratio of brown sugar to white sugar! Brown sugar has molasses in it which compliments the chocolatey flavor in these and adds to the fudgy texture. It also adds a hint of smokiness which makes these irresistible!
We bake these at a slightly higher temperature than your average cookie. The higher temperature helps the cookies form a beautiful crust and keeps the inside fudgy and soft.
Experiment with the Mix-ins
You can play around with different chips inside, like these double chocolate peanut butter chip cookies! I added 1 ½ cups peanut butter chips and ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips and baked them according to the instructions.
Chill if needed!
If you find that your cookies are spreading too much too quickly or if you just prefer a thicker cookie, pop your dough in the freezer for 20-30 minutes!
Everyone needs to have a good double chocolate cookie recipe and I've tweaked these to perfection!
Try out these elevated versions of our Bakery Style Double Chocolate Cookies
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
Bakery Style Double Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour measured correctly
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips plus extra for topping dough
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Cream together butter, both sugars, and eggs for 2 minutes until color starts to pale slightly.
- Mix in cocoa powder, salt, cornstarch, and baking soda. Gradually add in flour (make sure your flour is measured correctly), mixing until just barely incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Once you shape your cookies into balls, I like to stick some extra chocolate chips on the outside, its makes them prettier. I made my cookies pretty big (about 3-4 tablespoons of dough) and baked them for 9-12 minutes. If making smaller cookies bake them for 7-10 minutes. Bake them just until the outside starts form a crust.
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
originally posted 9/5/18