Its Super Bowl time and this easy appetizer is calling your name! It’s warm and cheesy and has that yummy Mexican flair and flavor we all love!
Just brown some ground beef, and after that it’s just a matter of dumping ingredients into your skillet and bowl.
Two kinds of cheese, tomatoes and green chilies, black beans, and a quick chop of red onion and cilantro. Mmmmmmmm!
Our queso dip is best served warm. You could even keep it in a chafing dish or crockpot. Grab some tortilla chips and let the dipping begin!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red Pepper flakes
- 1 cup chicken broth (you can also use Coke which gives a sweeter taste)
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel tomatoes & green chilies, with juice
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large skillet, brown and crumble ground beef over medium heat.
- Add salt and pepper; adjust to your taste.
- Drain grease.
- Add red pepper flakes and broth. Simmer 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cheeses and let melt, stirring occasionally.
- Once cheese is melted, pour all ingredients into a large serving bowl and stir in beans, red onions, and cilantro.
- Add tomatoes and green chilies with their juice. (You can omit juice if you want it thicker.)
- Wipe sides of bowl down as needed.
- Garnish with tomato, black beans, onions and cilantro just before serving.
- Serve warm.