Everyone loves this Harvest Spread! The combination of sweet, salty, spicy, creamy and crunchy, is oh-so-delicious! It’s a great served with all different kinds of crackers. The colors are pretty fall tones! We call it “Harvest Spread” during the autumn months and “Holiday Spread” around Christmas time!
This recipe was originally served years ago by my friend Karen Holland and it’s been a favorite among my friends and family ever since. You can’t go wrong with the bright flavors and jeweled colors.
The variation in taste from the sweet coconut and apricot jam, to the sweet-sour cranberries, zippy onions and toasty pecans, creates a magical flavor blend with the cream and cheddar cheeses.
You can vary the recipe if you like, adding more or less of any ingredient. Almost any way you make it will be a hit.
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup apricot preserves (or jam)
- 5 green onions, sliced (green parts only)
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Combine cream cheese, grated cheese and coconut and beat until well mixed.
- Slice green onions finely (just the green parts.)
- Chop pecans and toast in a pan at 400 degrees for about 8 minutes until fragrant but not burned.
- Place dried cranberries in a bowl, pour 1 cup water over them and microwave one minute. Drain off water and let cranberries cool.
- Spread cheese mixture on a platter.
- Top with the next four ingredients in order:
- Apricot preserves
- Sliced green onions
- Toasted pecans
- Dried cranberries
- Serve with crackers.