S'mores cookies have all the layers of a classic s’more, but totally decked out in cookie form! We start with a super soft graham cracker base (a silky smooth milk chocolate ganache, and finally, marshmallow cream AND mini marshmallows.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line your baking sheet with a silpat mat, parchment paper, or grease it and set it aside.
2. Take your room temperature butter and cream it together with brown sugar for 1 minute until smooth. Add in your eggs and vanilla and let mixture cream together for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
3. Add in your salt, baking powder, cornstarch, and graham cracker crumbs (make sure your graham crackers are finely ground up). Mix together until just barely incorporated.
4. Scrape down the sides of your bowl and add in your flour. Mix together until no flour is showing, do not over mix.
5. Scoop ¼ a cup of dough and smash the dough ball with the bottom of a glass. Grease the glass to keep it from sticking to the dough. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cookies rest on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Milk Chocolate Ganache:
1. Once cookies are cool, prepare your ganache. In a microwave safe dish, heat your cream for 45-60 seconds (watch it so it doesn’t boil over!) until hot. You can also heat it on the stovetop if you prefer. 2. Pour hot cream over top of your milk chocolate chips. Let mixture sit for 20-30 seconds and then whisk until smooth.
S’more Cookie Assembly
1. Once your graham cracker cookies are cool and you’ve prepared your ganache. Take each cookie and top it with 2-3 teaspoons of milk chocolate ganache. Use a spoon so spread the ganache about ¾ of the way to the edge of the cookie, still leaving a slight rime of cookie. Let cool or pop them in the fridge for 5 minutes to set the ganache.
2. Once you’ve added the ganache to your cookies, scoop 2-3 teaspoons of marshmallow cream on top of the cookie and spread it about ¾ of the way to the edge of the ganache, still leaving a rim of ganache showing.
3.I took a little bit of cocoa powder and very lightly dusted the cookies, just to add a pretty effect, but this is totally optional and really won’t affect the flavor of the cookies. Then, top each cookie with 3 mini marshmallows. Eat and enjoy!
I like to grease whatever spoon or scoop I’m using to apply my marshmallow cream, to prevent the marshmallow cream from sticking to the utensil. It makes the application easier.