This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please know, we only share products we love!
I don’t like soggy sandwiches! If we’re going to the beach, or traveling in the car, our go-to alternative is a bagel-wich. Bagels stay firm and and keep their flavor without going to mush! A green apple bagelwich with sunflower seeds is our number one go-to for a picnic lunch or lunch at the beach!
If your bagel is fresh ...
For a fresh bagel, slice the bagel in half and spread each side with cream cheese.
Day-old bagel ...
If your bagel is day-old, slice, then toast it for the best outcome. Then you can add the cream cheese and other ingredients.
Green apples for the win!
Try a green apple and roasted sunflower seed bagel-wich. Slice the apple in thin slices. Green apples stay crisp and have less sugar than other varieties. The crisp, sweet apples and (shelled) salty sunflower seeds sprinkled over cream cheese are a tasty blend. You capture it all at once--sweet, salty, crunchy, creamy. Imagine all that in every bite. What a way to go!
More ideas ...
The green apple bagelwich w/ sunflower seeds is our number one favorite bagelwich. But we don't stop there! Other favorites are salami and cream cheese or cream cheese with olive tapenade. They're all delicious, and will stay firm for your picnic or day at the beach.
You Might Also Enjoy these other Warm Weather Recipes!
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
- 4 plain bagels (or bagel of your choice)
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 Granny Smith Apples
- 4 tablespoons roasted and salted (shelled) sunflower seeds
- Slice bagels in half and toast if desired.
- Spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese (1 oz.) on each bagel half.
- Cut Granny Smith apple into thin slices and arrange apples on four bagel halves (approximately ½ apple for each bagel half.)
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds on four bagel halves.
- Press apples and sunflower seeds into cream cheese to hold in place.
- Serve open face, or put two halves together for the full bagel-wich!
Serving Size:1 bagel
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 254Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 311mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 7g
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
originally posted August 14, 2018