Garlic Parmesan Bread Sticks make a tasty addition to so many meals. If you're serving soup, salad or any kind of Italian dish, they are a great accompaniment.
The recipe is an easy bread dough with a bit of kneading. The fun part comes when you get to roll the dough out.
Then you simply stretch/push it into an 11 x 17-inch pan or cookie sheet, and spread on butter, garlic and herbs, and parmesan cheese.
Cut the dough with a knife or pizza cutter in half crosswise, then into 12 strips lengthwise for a total of 24 breadsticks.
Next you let them rise, then bake! It's as easy as that!
Let the breadsticks cool a couple minutes before trying to separate them. They are best when served warm. Mmmmmm! Just wait and see, Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks are always a hit!
Garlic Parmesan Bread Sticks
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup warm milk – heat in microwave about 30 seconds minute (about 120 degrees; should be warm but not hot to touch)
- ½ cup + 2 Tablespoons warm water – from tap
- 1 Tablespoon quick – rise yeast (or 1 small packet)
- 2 ½ cups white flour, approximately
- ¼ -½ stick butter
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
1. Add all ingredients except flour into large mixing bowl. (Make sure your ingredients are not too hot ----under 120 degrees).
2. Slowly mix in flour until soft texture is reached. (Should be tacky but not too sticky.)
3. Mix by hand or with electric mixer.
4. Knead for 5 min. (you can knead on counter for about 70 strokes.)
5. Roll out dough into a rectangle about the size of a large cookie sheet.
6. Soften butter and spread it over the dough.
7. Mix seasonings and Parmesan cheese and sprinkle on top.
8. Cut rectangle of dough in half crosswise, then into 12 strips lengthwise for a total of 24 breadsticks. (see pictures.)
9. Let rise until double in size.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes.
Method 1: (Leave in pan and let bake. Bread sticks will be soft and pull apart.)
Method 2: Pick up each one and twist before placing on the pan. Continue until all the dough is done.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 125mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g