This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please know, we only share products we love!
Wouldn't you love to have some meals in your freezer ready to go? You can take one to a sick friend or family member, and you can use them for your own family when life gets crazy! This Broccoli Chicken Bake is a classic recipe handed down through the ages. I just discovered my niece Jessica and I both requested this dish for our birthdays each year as kids!
This adaptation is made a little lighter with lite (not no-fat) sour cream and mayonnaise, and gives you directions for meal prepping six freezer meals. Originally called "Chicken Divan" at my house, the recipe got its start in the early 1900's. It was named after the place where it was created the Divan Parisienne Restaurant in New York's Chatham Hotel. A chef named Anthony Legasi first made is for a contest and it became the signature dish at the restaurant.
Broccoli Chicken Bake is so quick to throw together and the flavors are just plain delicious. This dish gives you a complete meal all in one dish. You get a good serving of protein, Vitamins C and K, and a nice dose of folate, potassium and fiber. Each of these foil pan meals will serve 2-4 people. You can use the 9 x 13-inch foil pans and double the amount you put in each pan for a larger group.
Whether using a lid or foil to top off your meals, always label them. You can purchase these round foil pans in bulk on line. 50 foil pans with lids are $15.99 on Amazon.com.
- 6 (10-ounce) packages frozen broccoli, chopped
- 30 chicken tenders (about 2 ounces each-- can use frozen)
- 6 (10 ¾-ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 4 ½ cups low fat mayonnaise
- 4 ½ cups low fat sour cream
- ¾ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons curry powder
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons black pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 3 cups Sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 cups soft bread crumbs + 2 Tablespoons butter (optional)
- 6 cups uncooked rice or Chicken Flavored Rice a Roni
- 6 (8-inch) round aluminum cake/casserole pans
- Cooking oil spray (such as Pam)
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook 6 cups of rice (or chicken flavored Rice a Roni); set aside.
- Open one end of each broccoli box. Microwave about 6 minutes until broccoli is softened but not fully cooked; drain water from broccoli.
- Lightly spray each round foil pan with cooking oil spray.
- Evenly spread 2 cups cooked rice on bottom of each pan.
- Spread out broccoli over rice in each pan.
- Place 5 chicken tenders over broccoli in each pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper to taste, and milk. Whisk together to make a sauce.
- Pour about 3 cups sauce evenly over the broccoli and chicken in each pan.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top. (OPTIONAL: Combine cheese, bread crumbs and melted butter and sprinkle over top.)
- Bake at 350 degrees covered for 1 hour, 15 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes more or until chicken is white through the center.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 687Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 1353mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 23g