This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please know, we only share products we love!
This is our version of a copycat Olive Garden soup. Recipe is adapted from our friend Kayla who makes wonderful food!
There’s a bit of prep, then toss it all in a slow cooker and let it work the magic!
Sauté sweet Italian Sausage and chopped yellow onion together.
We like using Yukon Gokd potatoes. They have good flavor and a thin skin. We leave the skins right on the potatoes when we cut them into bite-size cubes.
This is the prep point when the ingredients head to the slow cooker. The soup is creamy, yet not heavy. It’s laden with nutrients like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium and Potassium.
This is such a flavorful blend which brings together all the food groups and can make a complete meal.
We love Creamy Italian Sausage, Potato & Kale Soup anytime of year, but it’s especially nice in the colder months. Like now!
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 6-8 Yukon Gold potatoes (skins on)
- 1 cup cream (or fat free half & half for low fat version)
- 3 cups kale, spine removed and torn or sliced into bite size pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Sauté sausage in skillet until pink disappears.
- Add chopped onion & cook until translucent.
- Cut potatoes into large bite-size chunks.
- Add all ingredients except cream and kale to your crockpot.
- Cook on high 5 hours.
- 30 minutes before it’s done, add cream and kale. Stir to combine with other ingredients and finish cooking.
- Serve warm.
- Note: this soup makes great leftovers! It tastes even better on day 2.