Time for an EASY holiday treat! Christmas is coming and you can whip up this delicious Soda Cracker Toffee in just a few minutes! Four extra simple ingredients, and about 20 minutes and it’s all yours.
Easy Gift Idea!
Soda cracker toffee is a great gift for neighbors and friends and you’ll want to keep some around the house too, cause it’s just that good! This toffee is an all ‘round favorite. At first bite you’ll think you’ve just munched some scrumptious traditional toffee. But then, wait. Is it a cookie? There’s great crunch, and the soda crackers add a fun dimension to this holiday treat. The crackers are also an economical addition.
4 Simple Ingredients
To start you simply lay out a sleeve of soda or saltine crackers on a foil lined baking sheet sprayed with some PAM. We prefer the salted crackers. Next, boil your butter and brown sugar together to may a caramel like syrup. Pour the syrup over your crackers. Easy right?
Pop that pan of crackers in your oven and let them sizzle a few minutes. Then remove from the oven and quickly sprinkle chocolate chips over the crackers and spread to cover. You can set the pan back in the oven a couple of minutes if your chocolate needs some help melting.
While the chocolate is soft, sprinkle chopped nuts over the top (optional). We like almonds or pecans best and we think the nuts give a finished look to this simple candy.
There’s still time to add some of this deliciousness to your holidays. You’re gonna L-O-V-E it!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
- 40 salted soda crackers such as saltine (about 1 sleeve)
- 1 cup butter (2 cubes)
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips (12 ounce bag)
- 1 cup chopped, roasted nuts (pecans or almonds); optional
1. Line half sheet pan with foil (you need a pan with an edge).
2. Spray with cooking oil spray.
3. Lay soda crackers on foil-covered pan, side by side.
4. In a medium saucepan, place butter and sugar on low heat.
5. When butter is melted, turn heat to medium high and bring
butter and brown sugar to full boil; let boil 2 minutes, then pour over
6. Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes (it should get
7. Remove from oven and sprinkle crackers with chocolate chips
8. Let chips rest until melted, then spread over all toffee
9. Sprinkle with chopped nuts while chocolate is still soft.
10. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until toffee sets.
11. Break into pieces and store in air-tight container.
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
Try out these other delicious recipes!