I’m not going to lie to you and say that this is the world’s best hot chocolate. Because it’s not. If that’s what you’re looking for try our incredible French Hot Chocolate. But this hot chocolate helps me meet my nutrition and fitness goals!
Fitness and health is something that is super important to me. But if you’ve been following us for a while you guys know that I am the cookie QUEEN! I love to bake and I love treats. Like LOVE them. But, that doesn’t mean I can eat cookies nonstop. When I eat a treat, I try to make it intentional, because mindlessly eating 6 cookies (we’ve all been there) isn’t good for you.
This cup of low calorie hot chocolate saves me! At the end of the day when I’m nearly at my calorie limit and I’ve got those late night cravings for something sweet, I whip this up. In this recipe I use sugar-free Torani syrup, I’ve found this at most grocery stores usually by the coffee and hot chocolate. The place I’ve found the largest variety of flavors is over at World Market! I love these sugar free syrups, I love trying new flavors in my hot chocolate and adding them into my sodas for a refreshing treat!
There are so many different flavors for the sugar free Torani syrups, as you guys can see I have quite the collection. For this hot chocolate, my favorite tends to be either vanilla, which gives you a very classic hot chocolate flavor or raspberry. I prefer to use Hershey’s cocoa powder or even Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder for this hot chocolate instead of a generic baking cocoa because I’ve found that Hershey’s has a much richer flavor.
The sprinkle of salt really brings out the flavors of the hot chocolate. I also sometimes like to add a little bit of cinnamon (and if you’re feeling really adventurous a dash of cayenne pepper) for a Mexican-style hot chocolate. I hope this hot chocolate helps you guys meet your fitness and health goals this year!
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon Hershey’s cocoa powder
- Sprinkle of salt
- Sugar-free Torani syrup to taste (I usually put about 2 tablespoons in)
- Fat Free whipped cream
- In a microwave safe mug, add your almond milk and water. Microwave for 1 minute until hot. Add a sprinkle of salt cocoa powder and stir until dissolved.
- Add in sugar-free Torani syrup to taste and top with 3 tablespoons of fat free whipped cream. Drink and enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat fat: 2.2||0|
|Total Carbohydrate carbs: 2.5||0|
|Dietary Fiber fiber: 1||0|
|Sugars sugar: 1|
|Protein protein: 0|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
In Fine Taste