Cobbler is a popular southern dish that dates back generations. We love to eat it warm with ice cream, or cold with milk for breakfast the next day. In the summer, fresh peaches are wonderful to use in this recipe for quick peach cobbler. During the cold months, you can capture the taste of summer by using canned peaches.
Fresh, frozen or canned …
Either way, this dessert is mighty tasty, or uh, PEACHY! If you choose frozen fruit, don’t let the fruit thaw. Substitute 1 pound frozen peaches for 3 cups fresh peaches. Using canned peaches, we prefer the fruit packed in it’s own juice. Then you can use that juice in place of water in the recipe.
Batter on the bottom
This recipe begins with a batter on the bottom. Then the batter almost magically rises through the peaches to create a buttery golden crust on top!
Start by melting butter in a pan while the oven is pre-heating. Next, mix the batter, then pour it over the melted butter in the baking dish.
Mix peaches with sugar and peach juice or water, then carefully spoon the peach mixture over the batter. Please don’t stir the peaches and the batter. You want them almost in layers at the beginning.
Simply set the pan in the hot oven and let it do its magic! If you watch through the oven window, you’ll see the batter slowly rise from the bottom of the pan, right up through the peaches! The batter will transform in to a buttery golden crust atop your peaches.
Ready to serve
And voila! You’ll have a scrumptious peach cobbler right before your eyes! Next, all that’s left is to serve it up! You can eat the peach cobbler warm or cold (We always go for warm!)
This is surely one of the easiest homemade desserts around. We like to top it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It’s delicious. It’s quick. It’s easy. What are you waiting for?!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
- 1 cube butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- (29 ounce can) sliced canned peaches, drained and rinsed (or 3 cups fresh peaches, peeled & sliced)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water (or peach juice from can)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Place butter in a 1½ quart shallow baking dish and heat in oven until melted.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, milk, vanilla, baking powder and salt to create a batter. Don’t over-beat.
- Pour over melted butter in baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine peaches, sugar and water. Carefully spoon over batter. DON’T STIR.
- Bake about 40 minutes. (The batter will rise through the peaches and create a crust on top. Crust should be golden.)
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 249mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
You might enjoy these other delicious recipes:
originally published on January 27, 2019