Your favorite Philly cheesesteak sandwich lightened up, and turned into stuffed peppers! Fat free cream cheese and Greek yogurt will give you that delicious creamy filling but without all the calories and fat. Plus you are going to get all your veggies in for the day in one meal!
I love these low carb Philly cheeseteak stuffed peppers and they will keep you full all day. I’ve meal prepped these and eaten them all week long. Here’s how I cut the tops of my peppers so that you don’t waste any of the peppers.
- 1 pound steak, thinly sliced and cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 green bell peppers
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 8 ounces (1 2/3 cups) white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces (8 tablespoons) fat free cream cheese
- ¼ cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 slices of provolone cheese
- Cut tops of bell peppers off hollow out and remove seeds, set the body of the bell pepper aside. Cut bell pepper around the stems and dice, to utilize all edible parts of pepper. Mix with diced onions and jalapeno.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat add olive oil, diced onions and peppers, and steak. When steak is cooked through add in mushrooms. Cook for 3 minutes and then add in, seasonings, cream cheese, yogurt, and cornstarch. Stir until all ingredients combine and make a sauce. Continue to cook until the sauce is thick (the mushrooms will release a lot of liquid so it may take a few minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Fill hollowed out bell peppers with meat and vegetable mixture. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Halfway through top peppers with provolone cheese. Serve immediately.