I’ll let you in on a little secret: I don’t really like pasta salad. This one is different. I don’t just like it, I LOVE it. It’s so lemony delicious. I think it’s pasta salad perfection! Just the right amount of crunch meets sweet and tangy. There’s even protein. And, it’s not too heavy. Lemon Tarragon Pasta Salad is the new answer to “What’s for dinner?” Or, “What’s for lunch?” or just “What can I make that’s going to be a big hit?”
All of this and there are only six ingredients! You have bow tie pasta mixed with chicken, red grapes, almonds, celery and green onion, then tossed with a to-die-for lemon tarragon dressing that is so full of flavor you’ll want to drink it! This is a great summer salad. It’s cold, delicious and refreshing! But honestly, we like this salad so much, we make it anytime of the year. The ingredients are available all year long.
For a short cut, consider using rotisserie chicken and sliced almonds in the salad. There’s not a lot of prep time, so this recipe is quick to put together. Chop the celery and green onions, slice your grapes in half (or leave them whole), then cook your pasta. Finally, you mix together that divine dressing–it’s smooth as can be with lovey tarragon and fresh lemon. Blend it all and: voila– your own Lemon Tarragon Pasta Salad! For the best taste, refrigerate the salad three to four hours or overnight to give the flavors a chance to combine.
Here’s a quick tip: For a more attractive presentation, reserve one cup of ingredients without dressing to sprinkle on top of the salad prior to serving. This will give your guests a preview of what’s really inside and show your ingredients in the best light.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
- 1 pound (16 ounces) bow tie pasta (Farfalle)
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken breasts (skin removed), cubed (or cook 2 large chicken breasts)
- 3 cup red grapes
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 bunch green onions, green part only, thinly sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
For the Dressing
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- juice and zest of 2 lemons
- ¼ cup fresh Tarragon leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine pasta, chicken, grapes, almonds, green onions and celery in a large bowl.
- Gently stir dressing into bowl of ingredients.
- Let flavors combine for 3-4 hours or overnight. Gently toss salad before serving.
Serving Size:11/2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 462 Total Fat: 31g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 24g Cholesterol: 61mg Sodium: 606mg Carbohydrates: 30g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 14g Protein: 19g
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
You May Also Like These Other Tasty Recipes:
Originally Posted August 8, 2018