I’ll let you in on a little secret: I don’t really like pasta salad. This one is different. I don’t just like it, I LOVE it. It’s so lemony delicious. I think it’s pasta salad perfection! Just the right amount of crunch meets sweet and tangy. There’s even protein. And, it’s not too heavy. Lemon Tarragon Pasta Salad is the new answer to “What’s for dinner?” Or, “What’s for lunch?” or just “What can I make that’s going to be a big hit?”
All of this and there are only six ingredients! You have bow tie pasta mixed with chicken, red grapes, almonds, celery and green onion, then tossed with a to-die-for lemon tarragon dressing that is so full of flavor you’ll want to drink it!
Perfect Summer Salad
This is a great summer salad. It’s cold, delicious and refreshing! But honestly, we like this salad so much, we make it anytime of the year. The ingredients are available all year long.
For a short cut, consider using rotisserie chicken and sliced almonds in the salad. There’s not a lot of prep time, so this recipe is quick to put together. Chop the celery and green onions, slice your grapes in half (or leave them whole), then cook your pasta.
The best dressing …
Finally, you mix together that divine dressing–it’s smooth as can be with lovey tarragon and fresh lemon. Blend it all and: voila– your own Lemon Tarragon Pasta Salad! For the best taste, refrigerate the salad three to four hours or overnight to give the flavors a chance to combine.
Here’s a quick tip: For a more attractive presentation, reserve one cup of ingredients without dressing to sprinkle on top of the salad prior to serving. This will give your guests a preview of what’s really inside and show your ingredients in the best light.
You Might Also Enjoy these other BBQ Favorites:
- Palm Heart Salad with Tarragon Dijon Vinaigrette
- Watermelon Basil and Feta Salad
- Blackberry Sherbet
- Corn, Tomato & Avocado Salad
- Best Broccoli Salad
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
- 1 pound (16 ounces) bow tie pasta (Farfalle)
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken breasts (skin removed), cubed (or cook 2 large chicken breasts)
- 3 cup red grapes
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 bunch green onions, green part only, thinly sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
For the Dressing
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- juice and zest of 2 lemons
- ¼ cup fresh Tarragon leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine pasta, chicken, grapes, almonds, green onions and celery in a large bowl.
- Gently stir dressing into bowl of ingredients.
- Let flavors combine for 3-4 hours or overnight. Gently toss salad before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 291Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 447mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 11g
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
Originally Posted August 8, 2018