These little Halloween pumpkin decorated cupcakes will be charming additions to your Halloween festivities! You can whip them up in a jiff!
Use our vanilla cupcake recipe or any favorite cake recipe or cake mix. We like using an @wiltoncakes tip #1A to swirl buttercream frosting atop the cupcakes. Orange paste food coloring or combo of red & yellow gel will easily turn your frosting into a pumpkin! (See buttercream frosting recipe below.) It’s easy to make leaves out of green gumdrops or green Air Heads, or you can simply pipe leaves with green frosting.
We also love to create all kinds of accessories from @airheadscandy. Just stretch the @airheadscandy to form shapes or roll them into thin vines. You can even cut out pieces. Airheads can work almost like fondant. Just a lot more economical and the colors are ready made for you!
So, mix up a batch of these darling Halloween pumpkin cupcakes today! Wishing you a Happy Halloween season!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
- Our vanilla cake recipe or your favorite yellow cake mix plus requested ingredients.
- 1 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional--the added flavor is really good)
- 8-cups sifted confectioner’s (powdered) sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and butter with electric mixer.
- Add vanilla & almond.
- Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often.
- When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry.
- Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Keep bowl covered with a damp cloth until ready to use.
- For best results, keep icing bowl in refrigerator when not in use. Refrigerated in an airtight container, this icing can be stored 2 weeks. Rewhip before using.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 169mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
You may also liked these tasty Halloween recipes:
Originally published October 21, 2018.