Fuji Apple Salad is a perfect salad for the holidays. It’s a colorful blend that’s bursting with flavor. The lettuce is tossed with two kinds of apples, sugared pecans, red onion and a sweet and tangy apple vinaigrette that’s good enough to drink!
I like to add crumbled goat cheese after I toss the salad and dressing so it doesn’t get pasty. The cheese’s mild flavor and soft texture add dimension to the salad.
Let’s just pause a moment to talk about the Fuji Apple Vinaigrette. Can I say “flavor explosion?!” This salad is at its best from October through December when apple cider is plentiful. The apple cider is really the key ingredient to give the dressing (and the salad) its “wow” factor.
The fresh Fuji apples are crisp and juicy. Their sweet yet tart flavor is so refreshing. Add the crunch from apple chips and that apple-icious dressing and you’ve got a winning combination. You’ll love it for a holiday meal.
Fuji Apple Salad & Vinaigrette
- 1 cup apple cider (not juice)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh onion, grated
- 1 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head Romaine or green leaf lettuce
- 2 Fuji apples
- 3.4 ounces Fuji apple chips*
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- *Note: Naturally BARE Baked Crunchy Fuji & Reds Apple Chips are available at Kroger grocery stores and other supermarkets.
- Cook apple cider in a saucepan until it reduces to 1/2 cup. Let cool.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and purée.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- Keeps 2 weeks.
- Wash and dry lettuce and tear into bite-size pieces.
- Core and cut apples into thin slices.
- Thinly slice red onion.
- Crumble goat cheese and set aside.
- Place pecans into frying pan on high heat. Add sugar and stir just until sugar melts on pecans.
- Pour pecans onto lightly greased foil or other non stick surface.
- Place all ingredients except goat cheese in a large bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup + Fuji apple vinaigrette and toss gently.
- Sprinkle salad with goat cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Please follow and like us: