Peach season is here! Fresh Peach slush combines garden peaches with fresh squeezed lemon juice, orange juice and pineapple for an exciting flavor combo! My sister Allison, with her lovely peach trees, once again came through with this delicious recipe.
The perfect appetizer or dessert!
Peach slush is something we love to eat. Fresh and fruity, this frozen treat exudes flavor! Then top it off with your favorite lemon-lime or grapefruit soda (Fresca, Sprite, 7-Up, Ginger Ale) for a sparkling touch. This dish is a perfect appetizer. You can serve it year ’round if you’ve got some stashed in your freezer. We like to serve it in small glass bowls as an appetizer for Sunday dinner. Most people would probably choose this as a dessert. Fresh peach slush plays either role really well.
Fresh or frozen?
The recipe is simple. The most important ingredient is the peaches, of course. You can’t beat peaches fresh off the tree. They have such great flavor. However, if it’s not peach season, never fear! You can still make this recipe with frozen peaches from the supermarket.
Keep it in your freezer up to six months!
This recipe makes a large batch of 4 gallon-size ziploc bags. You can keep these in your freezer for up to six months. When you pull a bag out to serve, you’ll get 10-12 small servings from each bag. If you’re dinners tend to be smaller, you could easily put the recipe in 8 quart-size ziploc bags which would each serve 5-6.
How to peel peaches the easy way
Check our instructions on how to easily peel peaches here. The recipe combines, lemon juice, orange juice, pineapple and sugar. Mix the juices with the sliced peaches and that’s it!
To serve, let the frozen fruit sit at room temperature a bit, pour over a bit of soda and Voila! You’re ready to serve. Honestly this is one of my favorite things to eat. I hope you’ll like it too!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
- 12-15 peaches
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 12 ounce can crushed pineapple (with juice)
- 1 cup good quality orange juice
- To serve: 2 (12-ounce) cans soda (Fresca, Sprite, 7-Up, Ginger Ale)
- Combine sugar, lemon juice, pineapple and orange juice in a large bowl. Stir to blend. Set aside.
- Prepare one medium pot of hot water and bring to boil.
- Prepare one medium bowl with ice water.
- Blanch peaches by placing them in the boiling water for one minute, then move them to the ice bath. With this process, you can easily remove the skins with a small paring knife.
- Next cut the peaches in half and remove the pits. Then quarter the peaches, and cut them once more into eighths. Finally, slice the peach sections cross-wise into triangles.
- Place peaches in bowl with juices and stir to combine.
- Ladle peach/juice mixture evenly into four gallon-size ziploc bags.
- Press air out and lay bags flat (2-3 deep) on metal baking pan.
- Place in freezer. When frozen you can stack bags upright like file folders, or lay them horizontally on top of each other.
About 30 minutes before serving, place frozen peach mixture in a large bowl; break up into large pieces; gently pour ½ can soda of your choice (Fresca, Sprite, 7-Up, Ginger Ale) over frozen fruit. Let sit. Pour rest of can over slush and break up a little more before serving, then place in individual dishes. Add
additional soda to each serving. Serve while still frozen and slushy.
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
You may also like these tasty recipes: