Our double chocolate salted caramel brownies have layers of decadent chocolate fudge and salted caramel layers sandwiched between fudgy brownie layers. These are the easiest and most decadent brownies you’ll ever have!
How to make box mix brownies more fudgy
It’s no secret that I am a sucker of boxed brownie mixes. They’re so convenient and I love the results. If you love an extra fudgy brownie, then pay attention–I’ll let you in on one of my secrets to turning a boxed brownie mix into the fudgiest brownies you’ve ever sunk your teeth into.
The secret is to ignore the ingredient ratios on the back of the mix. Instead of using the recommended ratios add this:
- 1 tablespoon of oil,
- 1 egg,
- ½ cup of water
I’ve done this with all the mainstream brands (Betty Crocker, Pilsbury, and Duncan Hines) and have had good results with all of them!
What are the 4 layers in this brownie?
- Layer 1: ultra fudgy brownie
- Layer 2: sea salt caramel
- Layer 3: chocolate caramel fudge
- Layer 4: ultra fudgy brownie
These double chocolate salted caramel brownies are insane! This is by far one of my favorite uses for box mix brownies! If you’re not really a box brownie fan and are looking for a more classic bakery style brownie try THIS recipe.
You won’t believe something so good was so easy! Try these and tell us what you think!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
- 1-11 oz bag of Kraft Caramel bits
- 1 – 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 heaping teaspoon of coarse sea salt
- 1 ½ cups of semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 Family size box mix brownie (the box should be around 18-20oz)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray (Don’t think you can get away with just greasing your pan, your brownies will be a nightmare to get out without parchment paper!) Mix brownie mix with egg, oil, and water. Spread approximately 2/3 of brownie batter into lined pan (reserving 1/3) and bake 8-12 minutes until brownies are set.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stir together caramel bits and sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Once smooth, stir in a heaping teaspoon of coarse sea salt. Spread approximately half of the caramel mixture on top of the brownies.
- After spreading the caramel mixture on the baked brownies, sprinkle ½ cup of semisweet chocolate chips on top of caramel and brownies.
- Return the saucepan with the remaining caramel to low heat and stir in 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips until smooth and combined. You should a thick truffle-like mixture starting to ball up.
- Spread the chocolate-caramel mixture on top of the brownies and top with the reserved brownie batter. Bake 12-16 minutes until the top brownie layer is completely cooked.
1/2If you like super fudgy brownies, ignore the ingredient ratios on the back of the mix. Instead of using the recommended ratios add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 egg, and ½ cup of water.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 17mg Sodium: 172mg Carbohydrates: 28g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 25g Protein: 3g
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
You May Also Like these other Chocolate Treats:
originally posted August 9, 2018