These cookies are a fun twist on my Bakery Style Double Chocolate Chip Cookies! They’re super soft rich chocolate stuffed with a sweet creamy frosting. They’re inspired by, as I’m sure you already guessed, “America’s Favorite Cookie”—Oreos!
Super soft chocolate cookies filled with my copycat Oreo cream. A perfect cookie to be paired with a tall glass of milk!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour, measured correctly
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup shortening
- 2 ¾ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 teaspoons water
- pinch of salt
- 1 7 oz (1 7/8 cup) jar marshmallow fluff
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and cream together until smooth.
- Drop teaspoons full (or more, if you’re a big frosting lover!) onto a wax paper lined plate or tray and freeze for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Cream together butter, both sugars, and eggs for 2 minutes until color starts to pale slightly.
- Mix in cocoa powder, salt, cornstarch, and baking soda. Gradually add in flour, mixing until just barely incorporated. Stir in Chocolate Chips
- Take your ball of cookie dough (about 2 tablespoons of dough) and flatten it into a disc, place frozen frosting in the center of the dough and wrap the cookie dough around it sealing the frosting in. Make sure the frosting is completely sealed or you’ll have some frosting leakage. If you’re dough has become super sticky refrigerate or freeze dough for a few minutes before baking. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
The frosting recipe makes much more than you need for this recipe so feel free to make a half batch or use the leftover frosting for other treats!