Bright flavors await you with this delicious salad — cherry salad with gorgonzola and toasted almonds is not to be missed. Pair it with our delicious cherry vinaigrette for a perfect meal starter! This salad would make a great addition to your summer dinner table, or your Thanksgiving line-up, or your spring menu. With its readily available ingredients, it’s actually a salad you could put on any menu all year long.
Filled with flavor and texture!
The sweet/tart dried cherries, give great flavor and a chewy texture to the salad. Gorgonzola cheese is soft and salty with deep flavor and toasted almonds add crunch and a lovely earthy taste. All these tossed with fresh Romaine lettuce and spicy green onions, make such a flavorful blend. In the summer time, try adding a cup of fresh halved bing cherries for extra freshness.
Cherry vinaigrette adds the wow factor to this dish! Again you’ve got sweet and tart creating a flavor explosion in your mouth!
It’s so easy to make this salad–it takes only about 10 minutes from start to finish. Prep the greens while you toast sliced almonds in your oven for 3-4 minutes. Then throw all the dressing ingredients in your blender. Next add green onions to Romaine lettuce and toss in the other ingredients.
Plating the salad
Just before serving add the dressing. We love salad with all the greens are gently coated with just a kiss of dressing. And we prefer to hold out the cheese to serve atop individual servings. (The cheese tends to get pasty when mixed with the dressing.) When you make cherry salad with Gorgonzola and toasted almonds you’re in for a treat.
You Might Also Enjoy these other Delicious Dishes!
- Asparagus Cheese Tart
- Country French Salad
- Thai Lettuce Wraps
- Fuji Apple Salad Vinaigrette
- Watermelon Basil Feta Salad
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- ½ cup Toasted sliced almonds
- ½ cup Dried tart cherries
- 1/3 cup Gorgonzola cheese
- 3 green onion
- (Optional) Add 1 cup halved bing cherries when available
For Cherry Vinaigrette
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Turn oven to 400 degrees to pre-heat.
- Place sliced almonds on baking sheet and toast 3-4 minutes. (Watch
carefully so almonds don’t burn.) Remove from oven and cool.
- Wash and tear Romaine lettuce into small pieces.
- Rinse and slice green onions into thin pieces.
- Combine all ingredients in large salad bowl.
- Just before serving: pour ½ cup dressing over all and toss. (Add more dressing if you desire.)
For Cherry Vinaigrette
- Blend all ingredients in blender until emulsified.
- Place in jar or other container with tight fitting lid.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Note 1: I prefer to hold out the cheese and serve on top of
individual servings as the cheese tends to get pasty when mixed with the
Note 2: The Cherry Vinaigrette recipe
makes about 1 2/3 cup dressing. We like to make more than the salad recipe calls for so we can have it on hand to use again. It will last in the refrigerator about 2 weeks.
Note 3: In the summertime, add fresh cherries to the salad!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 95mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
originally published September 27, 2019