Carrot Apple Soup is a flavorful fruit and vegetable blend perfect for fall. Sweet and savory spices compliment the carrots and apples to create a velvety, sweet, yet spicy entree. This soup makes a great appetizer, but most often we serve it as our dinner meal along with a salad. The warm soup feels good as the weather cools down. And although the flavor combo is a bit unusual, we love it!
The dense orange color is reminiscent of pumpkin. And much like a pumpkin dish, this soup offers a nutritional lineup of vitamin K, potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin C, and especially vitamin A. You can make it vegetarian by just exchanging the chicken broth for vegetable broth. The soup is smooth and creamy without a high fat content. Try it with our recipe for brown sugar muffins for a delicious meal!
Try something a little outside the box and make a batch of Carrot Apple Soup today! You’ll love the bowl-full of harvest goodness!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Comment and Rate it! Also send us a picture, WE WANT TO SEE!
- 8 large carrots, peeled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 large apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup applesauce
- ½ cup fat free half and half
- 1 teaspoon Cajun/Creole seasoning (or ½ teaspoon salt + ½ teaspoon pepper)
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- ½ cup minced green onion (green part only)
- Cut carrots into half-inch chunks.
- Combine carrots in saucepan with butter and one cup of chicken broth.
- Cook, covered until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add apples and applesauce during last 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat; uncover. Let cool about 10 minutes.
- Put in blender and puree.
- Return to pot. Stir in remaining broth, half and half, nutmeg, ginger and seasoning.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with chopped green onion.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 870mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 4gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g
Share it on Instagram and tag us and tag #infinetasterecipes so we can see it!
You may also like these tasty recipes:
Originally published October 2, 2018.