A rich chocolate cookie base, loaded with semisweet chocolate chips, toasted pecans, soft caramels, mini marshmallows, and sprinkled with just a little bit of sea salt. Holy moly.
As you already know, I am a cookie baking fiend. They’re definitely my favorite dessert to make. And best of all, cookies are so versatile! You can get so creative with the flavors and I love creating new cookie flavors more than anything.
The base of these cookies come from my Bakery Style Double Chocolate Cookies, which is a fudgy and soft centered, crispy-edged cookie. We’ve pretty much just glammed up this already delicious cookie by adding in pecans, caramels, and marshmallows. If you could smell this picture you would be pulling out your sugar and flour right this very second.
One of my tricks for extra pretty cookies is to reserve a portion of the toppings and stick them on top of your cookie dough balls before baking them. That way you see every beautiful little mix in right on top.
If you try these and like them please rate and comment on this recipe below!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later! You can also follow us on Pinterest here!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour, measured correctly
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- ½ cups Kraft caramels, unwrapped and cut into quarters
- Sea salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place pecan on a lined baking sheet and bake for 3-4 minutes. Set pecans aside.
- 2. Turn oven up to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Cream together butter, both sugars, and eggs for 2 minutes until color starts to pale slightly.
- 3. Mix in cocoa powder, salt, cornstarch, and baking soda. Gradually add in flour (make sure your flour is measured correctly), mixing until just barely incorporated.
- 4. Stir in chocolate chips, marshmallows, caramels, and pecans. I like to reserve some toppings to stick on top of my cookie dough balls.
- 5. Take about ¼ cup of dough and shape your cookies into balls. Bake for 9-12 minutes. If making smaller cookies bake them for 7-10 minutes. Bake them just until the outside starts form a crust. Sprinkle sea salt on top of cookies immediately after coming out of the oven. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 310mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 4g
Tried this recipe and loved it? Rate it!