Fresh Buffalo Mozzarella, grape tomatoes, basil, and cheese tortellini threaded on skewers are a perfect appetizer for your next holiday gathering!
These Caprese skewers are easy and delicious drizzled with a balsamic vinegar glaze.
The fresh ingredients make this appetizer shine. Buffalo Mozzarella often comes in a pre-sliced log which is easy to quarter to make chunks.
The colors of this yummy appetizer are right on point for the Christmas season.
- 48 grape tomatoes
- 48 basil leaves
- 24 cheese tortellinis
- 12 ounces Buffalo Mozzarella
- Balsamic Vinegar glaze*
- 24 medium length bamboo skewers
- * available at Trader Joe’s and other supermarkets
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Rinse and cool.
- Wash tomatoes and basil leaves. Pat dry.
- Cut Mozzarella into slices, then quarters to create 24 chunks.
- Thread 2 tomatoes, 2 basil leaves, 2 Mozzarella chunks and 1 tortellini alternately on each skewer. Fold basil leaves in half and place next to tomatoes.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar glaze over the skewers or place in a separate serving bowl.