I am all about sweet and savory food and this pizza definitely ticks both boxes! Though this pizza looks and feels super gourmet, it’s pretty easy! And ohmygosh delicious. It has three kinds of cheese—ricotta, mozzarella, and goat cheese. It has sliced almonds, a drizzle of honey, and a sprinkle of crushed red pepper that send this pizza over the top.
The pizza is sauceless, but the creamy ricotta acts like a sauce and melds with the other cheese to feel extra creamy and decadent. I use my favorite homemade pizza crust (get the recipe here!), but feel free to use your own recipe! Or if homemade pizza dough isn’t your thing you can use store bought or even a couple pieces of flatbread!
If you’re thinking about purchasing store bought dough I recommend trying Trader Joe’s pizza dough! It’s in their refrigerated section in little bags, its super inexpensive and still gives you that homemade taste! Try this recipe and let me know what you think of it!
- 1 Pizza Crust (Get the recipe for our favorite pizza crust [here:http://infinetaste.com/the-best-homemade-pizza-crust/]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup Ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces (about ¼ cup) soft goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- Crushed red pepper
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit (or whatever temperature your pizza crust calls for) Roll your pizza crust out. I like to sprinkle cornmeal and brush some extra olive oil and spices on my pizza crust, get the details on my favorite crust [here:http://infinetaste.com/the-best-homemade-pizza-crust].
- Brush 1 tablespoon olive oil over pizza crust completely. This will help prevent the crust from getting soggy. Top with 5 tablespoons of ricotta. Use the back of a spoon to spread the ricotta into a thin layer across the crust. Sprinkle your mozzarella evenly on top of the ricotta.
- Thinly slice your goat cheese and place it on top of your mozzarella. Drop teaspoons of remaining ricotta over the pizza. Sprinkle your sliced almonds and garlic powder on top of everything. Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is completely melted.
- Drizzle honey on top (if your home is cold you made need to microwave your honey to help drizzle thinly on top) and sprinkle crushed red pepper and sea salt on top.