Mediterranean food is my favorite! This is the freshest, most flavorful salad you’ll find! We’re trying out yesterday’s Greek Seasoning Blend in today’s delicious Greek Vinaigrette. So easy and so nutritious!
This salad is a powerhouse of protein, vitamins and minerals. You’ve got flavors from sweet and savory to snappy spicy. And there’s a kaleidoscope of textures: crunchy, creamy, smooth, crisp, and tender.
The vinaigrette, made with our delicious seasoning blend is quick to make. You can store it in the refrigerator for about two weeks. Pull some meat from a rotisserie chicken and you’ll have a complete dinner in less than 15 minutes.
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon Greek Spice Blend (see recipe)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 head Romaine, washed and torn
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, cubed
- 1 cup canned Garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup Kalamata sliced in half
- 1/4 cup Peperoncini rings
- Note: To make this a main dish, add 2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- In a blender combine all 4 ingredients and puree until well blended.
- Pour into airtight container and store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
- Tear Romaine lettuce into bite-size pieces.
- Cut Roma tomatoes into cubes.
- Rinse and drain Garbanzo beans.
- Slice red onion into thin slices.
- Cut Feta cheese into small cubes.
- Drain pepperoncini rings.
- Toss all ingredients together with 1/2 cup salad dressing and serve immediately.