These cookie bars are a favorite around our house. They’re super quick, just mix and dump into a pan, and bake. They’re super versatile and they always turn out perfectly! I always find myself making these right after Halloween with all the leftover candy I have. But these are not limited to Halloween and are wonderful year round.
Feel free to use any kind of mix-ins you like! I used a mix of Reese’s peanut butter cups, Hershey’s milk chocolate with almonds, Snickers, and semisweet chocolate chips. I make these regularly with just chocolate chips too if you don’t have any candy lying around.
Don’t like coconut? Replace your 2 cups of shredded coconut with an additional 1½ cups old-fashioned oats.
- Chocolate chips—white chocolate, peanut butter chips, dark chocolate, semisweet, butterscotch
- Heath bar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups flour, measured correctly
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2-3 cups of mix ins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large mixing bowl combine melted butter, 1 cup brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Once combined, add in eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and baking powder until just combined. Then stir in shredded coconut and quick oats, and mix ins (I reserved some mix-ins to sprinkle on top). Spread batter into a greased 9x13 pan until evenly disturbed. Bake for 23-25 minutes, Cool completely before serving.
You May Also Like: