Call me basic but I love pumpkin, especially in my baked goods! You’ll fall in love (pun intended) with this pumpkin coffee cake!
This pumpkin coffee cake is super moist, has a crisp oaty streusel, and a light and sweet glaze. Its super simple to make and looks so pretty!
- ¼ cup butter, cold
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 ¾ cups canned pumpkin (1-15 ounce can)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ¼ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice—set aside. Whisk together pumpkin, oil, vanilla, sugars, and eggs for 2 minutes until smooth. Add in dry ingredients until just incorporated—do not over mix. Pour into a greased 9” round pan.
- Take the cold butter and either using knives or a pastry cutter cut cold butter into the flour until you have a shaggy meal. Then mix in sugar, salt, oats, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over top of cake batter. Bake for 37-42 minutes.
- Cool cake and then prepare the glaze. Whisk together powdered sugar and milk, drizzle over top of cake. Slice and serve.