Give us all the cute Halloween treats! We’re not much into “creepy” Halloween decor, but we LOVE all the adorable ideas of the season.
How fun are these witch legs? We imagine the wicked witches landed upside down on grassy hills, or perhaps took a dive into their swirling green cauldrons! We’ve included a recipe for a simple vanilla cake that’s easy to turn into 24 cupcakes.
You can create these striped legs with straws. We prefer horizontal striped stockings, but vertical striped straws work too. Make witch-y boots with black gumdrops or black fondant.
NOTE: Sometimes we use cakes mixes. We actually like cake mixes! Our favorite yellow cake mix is Duncan Hines Yellow Cake. We just make a couple of simple changes (see recipe.)
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 ¾ cups sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a small mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed to soften butter. Add sugar and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating 30 seconds after each one.
- Add dry ingredients and milk alternately to beaten mixture. Beat on low speed just until flour disappears.
- Fill muffin cups 1/2 full of batter.
- Bake 17 – 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- NOTE: Sometimes we use cakes mixes. We actually like cake mixes. Our favorite yellow cake mix is Duncan Hines Yellow Cake. We just make a couple of simple changes. We add the recommended amount(s) of oil and eggs. Then fill a liquid measuring cup to the half cup line with sour cream. Add water on top of the sour cream until it reaches the amount of water called for. Mix as directed.