These little pumpkins will be charming additions to your Halloween festivities! You can whip them up in a jiff!
Use our vanilla cupcake recipe from our Halloween Cupcake–Witch Legs post or any favorite cake recipe or cake mix. We like using an @wiltoncakes tip #1A to swirl buttercream frosting atop the cupcakes. Orange paste food coloring or combo of red & yellow gel will easily turn your frosting into a pumpkin! (See buttercream frosting recipe below.) It’s easy to make leaves out of green gumdrops.
We also love to create all kinds of accessories from @airheadscandy. Just stretch the @airheadscandy to form shapes or roll them into thin vines. You can even cut out pieces. Airheads can work almost like fondant. Just a lot more economical and the colors are ready made for you!
Wishing you a Happy Halloween season!
- Find our favorite vanilla cake recipe here
- 1 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional--the added flavor is really good)
- 8-cups sifted confectioner’s (powdered) sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and butter with electric mixer.
- Add vanilla & almond.
- Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often.
- When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry.
- Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Keep bowl covered with a damp cloth until ready to use.
- For best results, keep icing bowl in refrigerator when not in use. Refrigerated in an airtight container, this icing can be stored 2 weeks. Rewhip before using.