This palm heart salad with Tarragon Dijon Vinaigrette brings together fresh, bright flavors and a slightly spicy kick.
You get crunch from crisp greens, tender texture and mild sweetness from the palm hearts, and a creamy, flavorful blend from the hand crafted dressing.
I love to use fresh herbs if I have them, otherwise, dried herbs still give great flavor to this dressing.
This salad and it’s tasty dressing are family favorites sure to rise to the top of your list!
- 1 head romaine lettuce hearts, torn
- 3 cups arugula
- 3-4 green onions, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and sliced
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil leaves
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over just before serving.
- Toss until well blended.
- Mix all ingredients together in blender.
- Pour dressing in a jar with a tight fitting lid and refrigerate until ready to use.
- You can also mix dressing in a covered jar and shake well to mix.